Site Laudermarke B.V.
International Business Manager SME
40 hours per week
Job location: Ter Apel (Groningen, NL)
We are Laudermarke Group, a small but fast-growing company. At our office in Ter Apel, we work together with ± 40 energetic and motivated colleagues.
Due to increasing business and the growth of our company, we are immediately looking for an International Business Manager for our office in Ter Apel (Groningen, The Netherlands). You will be part of a diverse and international team. During your work, you will communicate about 90% of your time in English. With your analytical and critical eye, you are able to work with the CEO and the other department heads to help take the organisation to the next level. You are the pivot in the web between the CEO, the department heads and the E-commerce Managers to give your activities the right vigour.
In the position of International Business Manager, you will be responsible for monitoring the company-wide targets through overseeing our company’s global operations. You are responsible for all of our company’s foreign business, like international sales and cultural marketing (in close cooperation with the Marketing Manager). Furthermore, you are also involved in preparing proposals regarding the financial decisions.
As an International Business Manager, you are the point of contact for all E-commerce Managers and you are responsible for their well-being, results and performance. Your focus is on planning, organising, staffing, directing and guiding the E-commerce Managers. The E-commerce Managers report to you and you in turn will report to the Management during a weekly meeting.
Given the peculiar characteristics of international business, these tasks also require some changes in implementation. This requires a country-specific approach. In the position of International Business Manager, you are responsible for determining the choice per country regarding internationalisation (e.g. the choice between working with a local partner or setting up an own web shop in that country).
You will report to the CEO and work mainly from our head office in Ter Apel (The Netherlands). It is possible to work from home 1 day a week.
What are you going to do?
In this role, you will deal with:
- Leading and directing the E-commerce department with the aim of achieving departmental targets, with full focus on expanding the current (international) sales markets and tapping into new international sales markets;
- Keeping a close eye on trends and developments in the various current markets (NL, DE, DK, NO, PL, FR) in order to identify new opportunities, link these with internal knowledge and then respond strategically;
- Acting as the first point of contact and functionally managing the employees involved, monitoring follow-up activities and qualitative execution;
- Thinking along at strategic level on departmental policy;
- Creating a well-thought-out plan of action when opening a new web shop/country;
- Creating a well-thought-out plan of action to increase the growth of the existing web shops (making improvements, ensuring efficient working methods);
- Creating company-wide strategies (e.g. traders strategy);
- Co-determining and monitoring a country’s strategies;
- Preparing sales targets per country and anticipating these targets;
- Conducting calls/meeting with the E-commerce Managers on a regular base (weekly);
- Preparing Management meetings with input from the E-commerce Managers;
- Coordinating various projects (e.g. the web shop renovation project and product-launch related projects);
- Maintaining contact with the shipping parties;
- Presenting a sound plan to management regarding staffing;
- Acting as the communication bridge between the E-commerce Managers / Product Management / Customer Service / Marketing / Finance and Development;
- Collecting input and preparing the E-commerce Managers meetings;
- Sharing weekly financial reports with the E-commerce Managers;
- Anticipating the Marketing Manager’s conclusions arising from the KPI meetings;
- Anticipating the Marketing Manager’s reporting regarding SEA and SEO;
- Checking the orders from all web shops on a daily basis;
- Being responsible for the proper functioning of the various payment platforms.
What do you bring?
- You have HBO/WO working and thinking level and at least 5 years of experience in a commercial role in an SME company;
- You are analytically strong and know how to translate knowledge, data and trends into opportunities;
- You work in a structured way and are able to shape and lead a new department;
- You are a high-level discussion partner, both externally and internally you know how to make the right connection in conversations;
- You have proven to be very independent and eager to find your way in an organisation;
- You have strategic skills and a helicopter view;
- You have an affinity with E-commerce;
- You have leadership qualities and coaching skills;
- You have intercultural communication skills. Any role or function in international business means working with people from another country or background than yours;
- You have a great sense of responsibility;
- You are decisive;
- You have an excellent command of the English language and a good command of Dutch, both verbally and in writing;
- You are available full-time.
Who are we?
We are the Laudermarke Group, an E-commerce company with web shops in a number of European countries that is growing rapidly. The company was founded 7 years ago and is already one of the best-known providers of LED lighting in the agricultural sector. We sell lights for agricultural and forestry vehicles, stables and workshops and stand for competent specialist advice, the best quality and competitive prices.
Within the company we work together as a team, only then can you achieve the best results is our opinion. You get a lot of freedom to carry out your work independently, but always have someone to fall back on.
What do we offer you?
- An independent position as International Business Manager within an entrepreneurial and innovative organisation with plenty of room for your own creative ideas, entrepreneurship and challenge;
- A new position where there is absolutely room for your own input;
- An opportunity to tackle a successful project with a fresh and innovative outlook with an accompanying driven, passionate and ambitious team;
- An open, appreciative, international and informal working atmosphere where you get the chance to develop individually;
- Working with the nicest colleagues in a young, rapidly developing work environment and, above all, lots of job satisfaction!
- As far as we are concerned, it goes without saying that you will receive a good salary. This salary is of course appropriate to the experience and knowledge you bring;
- Excellent primary and secondary working conditions, including a travel allowance;
- A salary between € 4.000 and € 6.000 gross per month, depending on experience;
- A one-year contract with the prospect of a permanent contract thereafter;
- 25 holidays per year based on a 40-hour working week;
- The opportunity to work from home 1 day a week;
- Free sports at work on Wednesday, Friday lunch, drinks, company outings and friendly colleagues;
- Pension scheme;
- Morning greeting from office dog Annie.